Thursday, May 19, 2005

Rifs training log

Now that I have a real website that links to this blog I thought I would start keeping my workouts and thoughts about training, nutrition and injuries online. So this is the first entry although today is my off day so NO TRAINING.

Of course recovery is the most important limitation of training intensity. That is you can only train as hard as you can recover from. THis is why so many turn to ergonomic aids such as anabolic steroids and anabolic supplements. Of course the most important recovery aid is REST.

If there is no down time, I mean REAL sit back and put your feet up down time, recovery becomes very difficult. As will increases in training intensity and progress towards your goals.

Active recovery is almost as good as pure downtime.SO things such as joint mobility, flexibility work, hydrotherapy and massage really speed up your recovery ability. At my age and with my injuries if I sit around too much I get as stiff as not recovering enough. So as usual, the key is balance.

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...