Monday, August 29, 2005

Two Pood Snatch

Well it is time to move up. Feeling pretty good today, not too banged up from all my rest most of staurday and all sunday. SOmetimes not moving kills me more than working out. But you got to sit down one day a week. Or I do anyway.

Snatch

36x6+6x2
53x5+5x2

72x3+3( one timer swing for first rep)
x3+3
x3+3
x3+3
x3+3
x3+3
x3+3
x3+3=8 sets
48 total reps

YES! These were very very solid. ALso this is the workload that tweaked my left biceps a year or so ago. Could have done 4-5 reps no problem and two or three more sets.very conservative.

53x15+15 very strong. it feels like a toy. like it should.

53x20+20 (Grips) man now this is where the grip come in. my hands were pretty sore and I have one small but nasty rip where the finger and the hand meet.hard to heal there.Have to keep it stretched open with tape.


one arm swings
88x5+5
x6+6
x7+7
x8+8

man these are always so hard to be explosive with when I am that tired. good strength work though. leaving my arm against my abs , as per Mr Cotters instruction helpd tremendously;saving my shoulder and really giving me a ledge to push off of.

72x10+10

just dead.

Half pullups
forehead to bar. a little tough on biceps tendon but mainly focusing on scap retractions.

6X6 easy but going slowly.

bosu box squats
4x10 bodyweight,close stance.

handstands
6 reps/ hit the first three on the second rep and the last 2 on the FIRST rep!! Finally. these are getting more comfortable.

training time: 1 pm-2:40 pm monica and joe trained with.

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...