Monday, September 12, 2005

Biceps tear

Well ,just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water . I tore the long head of the biceps today on my third set of snatches with the 72. Pretty much the exact same spot I did it to last year, using the same weight.

It seems that throwing the two pood overhead exceeds the structural capacities of my modest connective tissue structure. But I am a slow learner it seems. not sure how bad it is although I have a visible gap in the top of the outer biceps near the deltoid. Ice anti inflamms, compression, elevation and light emu oil massage.

Back into rehab mode it seem. But tomorrow will tell much more.

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...