Friday, September 16, 2005

Post Mortem

I couldnt figure out why I keep getting hurt with the two pood snatch when it feel so easy. The problem comes from , as usual, an imbalance. My upper body is light years ahead of my lower in strength. Attach my bad knee to that and it gets worse.

The 72 isnt heavy for my upper body but it is for my lower. When my legs and hips get tired I pull too much with my arms and this is what happened. My hip snap has decent strength but not long term power output. As my hips give out my arms kick in.

Swings, swing and more swings. Back to basics, as aways. Was really concentrating on opening up my groin as I swung today and felt the glutes get loaded in a way I havent before. Now I see the use of the box squat for teaching the swing, as well as the face the wall squat. Push the knees out, just like it a WSB squat.
This injury is going to totally change my swing.

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...