Saturday, October 15, 2005

Saturday basics

Saturdays were always squat days when I powerlifted. The most important lift on the day I had the most free time to get ready for it and the most time to recover from the beating I gave myself.

Now that I dont squat anymore I still like to have this day as a no nonsense,basic exercise, hard and heavy day. My training partner Nick still squats heavy on this day and I like to keep the energy in the right direction. Doing 100 rep sets wouldnt( didnt) fit.

warmup:
amasov squat: 50 reps. need to do these every workout from now on. work up to 100. great for my knee flexibilty.

two hand swings
recovered nicely from yesterday. 20 minute stretch out before training.

36x10x2
53x10
72x10x5 sets= 3600 pounds
88x10x5 sets= 4400 pounds
total =8000 pounds not a bad piece of work. really focusing on maximum hip drive the whole time. compensatory acceleration.

one kb front squat
36x5+5
44x5+5
53x5+5x5 wow, these were easy. this is very good. depth is good too.

pushdowns
10x10 very quick. this felt great, therapeutic.

Handstands
eight handstand ten second easy. way way easy. could have stayed up all day. these REALLY stretch out my legs and delts.

datsit. very pleased.

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...