Monday, October 24, 2005

Six weeks post injury

today was the six week anniversary of my biceps injury. So I did the 1.5 pood for snatches today with no problem. excellent.

Snatch
26x10+10
36x10+10
36x5+5
44x5+5( back is making a lot of noise on the left hand)

53x5+5x5 !!

not bad. 25 reps . good start back

44x6+6
x7+7
x8+8
x9+9
x10+10

118 total reps. not quite there mentally though.distracted. trained solo as well, always fun.

supersetted with one foot bosu stands

windmills
26x5+5 man I am SO TIGHT on these I wonder if they are worth the effort. Left side is easy and I could do 72 no problem but the right side, between my tight right shoulder and my crappy left knee and weak ass hips just sucks. Oh yeah, forgot to mention the curved spine. Lovely. Really lovely. right side windmills always suck..
36x5+5x3 takes forever to warm these up
44x5+5 x2 halfway decent but I hate them.

One legged squat/WSB style
these are done in the power rack with one leghooked over the catch pin and the other leg in a squat/lunge. Much better for me than pistols,which are killing my calves to the pont I cant walk. Need more bosu ball stands and less pistols. but these are great.

5x5,5,8,8,10 really can work the negative on these and when I am using my right leg I am getting and AMAZING stretch on my tight right knee. Plus I can see how easy it will be to use kb for weight in one or two hands.

Handstands/hangs from rack
5 ten second handstands.
all day with these now.

bw 161
bf 10.9%



No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...