Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Deadlifts


Been reading a lot of young, healthy guys training logs and have to say I am not impressed. Everyone is getting way too excited about pulling 405. No disrespect; it is a decent weight that I will be very happy with when I can pull it again. But not for a young, healthy and strong man.

It is impressive for a 40 year old, lifetime drug free 123lb woman. The picture of the woman above is Kelii,my training partner and protege for nine years. She not only pulled 402 in a meet but did it after squatting a strong 391, benching 231 and then pulling 402. Something to consider. I know I do everytime I step up to the bar.

1 comment:

Tim Dymmel said...

Rif,

I'd love to test my DL ability sometime soon. Think I could meet up with you when you are going to train DL's?

Since I'm a young buck, I should be able to do some decent pulling after all this KB'ing. Right?

Tim

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...