Monday, November 07, 2005

When it comes right down to it

I am just like everyone else. SO much of my training is geared towards changing my body composition. Whether I am doing extra sets or more weight to gain size or strength, or doing more sets of high rep snatches or swings to get leaner and harder I am breaking one of my golden rules.

To wit: do not overtrain just to burn off calories. Changing body comp is from diet not just training. I am still eating too many crappy carbs( halloween candy). I am always trying to push to do more sets and more reps and go at least and an hour and a half, but training alone I am finding an hour is it. Not counting mandatory stretching( which I should count) . I am a classic overtraininer, always trying to kill more demons.
Of course I have stalled a bit in my weight loss and my bodyfat is not dropping either. My training volume is definitely lower than its been.

Snatch
26x10/10
36/8/8 x2 using a very hardstyle, straight arm, flip it over at the top form. Just being very instinctive with the move. also, trying to really feel the pendulum and time the stomp off that. I'd kill for an ass.

A lot of lean but not much knee bend.I am feeling last weeks training a bit. especially the heavy dls.
44x5/5
x6/6
x7/7
x8/8
x5/5
x6/6
x7/7
x8/8 back to what I know. I love ladders, always a good workout and what got me in shape last time/
x5/5
x5/5

124 reps with the 44, a decent volume. decided I need more time with the 20 kg although I am embarassed I am so weak these days.

one arm swings,tabata style( ten second rest between arms)

53x10x6 sets. Man, these freaking KILLED ME!
I would do one set of ten ,rest ten seconds, then the other arm. this shouldnt be so hard. course I did just do 124 snatches.

one leg squats( rear leg elevated in power rack)
bwx10/10
18kb/10/10
26kbx8/8x2 sets. these are tough.

handstands/15 sec each
these are the longest I have held a handstand in forever. definitely harder than ten seconds too. shoulders start to tire.

Splits
these are coming along. this helps open my left hammie like nothing else.

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...