Saturday, December 17, 2005

Saturday Power

Have to admit it. Been thinking of powerlifting all week long. Worked on figuring out a squat position where my back doesnt "adjust" as I ascend. But this happens with kbs as well and have to figure that out too. I did some ab work, something I havent done in five years as I was so out of balance: abs to erectors , that I felt I didnt need it. Well I need it. My lower back at L2-L3 has been actiing up and I did some cable crunches on a hunch. Pain gone. Time to work the abs again it seems.

swings
5 sets of ten warmup with 53

bench press
lots of sets and reps with the bar up to 145 lbs trying to geta pain free movement

squats
lots of sets and reps up to 135 trying to keep my abs tight as I descended

this is crazy for me to even contemplate.

swings
sets of ten with 53

standing cable abs crunches
5 sets of ten. this brings back memories.

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...