Monday, June 26, 2006

Character training.

Man this was tough to get up for. Almost everybody required bodywork today which always kills the biceps and shoulders. I am rethinking snatching on Mondays,lol.regardless I had to take a 15 min power nap before I could 'get up' for this one.helps once I clear the cobwebs.

snatch
36x5/5x2
44x5/5

53x5/5
x6/6
x7/7 x 5 rounds= 180 reps!!9540 foot pounds. 28 minutes

Man watching the rest periods really made this tough.Average was 60-75 seconds and I wasnt liking it! LOL. Where are my 5 min rest/sets on max effort days?I can definitely do 200 in 30 minutes on a good day.Its not my cardio that keeps me from pushing its the distinct feeling I will tear a biceps or shoulder if I rush. I WISH I could go balls to the wall but discretion and all that.

bottoms up cleans
53x5/5
62x4/4
72x3/3x2 sets

this is tough after snatches/grip is toasty.

rack walk with 16 kg
2 laps(100 feet) per arm, switch arms after 30 seconds and repeat. 10 times. this is definitely getting better. knee hardly adjusted at all.

bw 161.6
bf 10.2 %

sweated like a log today. loveit.

datsit,stayloose.

4 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

Nice on the Snatch workout, volume is high and effort is intense, 28 minutes! How are you liking the high pull version of the Snatch...I like it, easier on the grip in general

Mark Reifkind said...

not really doing the hi pull version, it's still a hybrid of a swing snatch and an olympic style.

I've gone back to how I was originally doing them when I taught myself in 2001. the easiest on my body and seemingly the most efficient.

Joe Sarti said...

Yet another beautiful aspect of the bell...various techniques work to accomplish the same goal..i.e. the snatch.

Good point about the time. For my clients though, that is a bright light at the end of the tunnel ;-).

Mark Reifkind said...

depends on whether your clients( and mine) want to get in'real' shape or 'client shape'.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...