Wednesday, August 02, 2006

300 Hi Pulls.

All time PR with the 53. I've done 312 with the 44 but never the 53. these things come when I least expect it. I just have to be on the lookout for them and be willing to go for it when the time is right.

Nikko drobbed by to train with me today and I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. Way more energy immediately. He was pulling too, 358 for 15 singles and that made my measely 24 kg seem even lighter. wind again was solid and rest periods short.He went I went and considering he's only doing singles it was a pretty quick pace.

Hi Pull
16kgx5/5
20kgx5/5

53kgx8/8
x10/10
x12/12= 60 reps
Five rounds = 300 24 KG Hi Pulls
15,900 Foot Pounds WOW! Dats some tonnage.


These were suprisingly easy. very very solid groove and was really concentrating on creating a ballistic float on the hi pull by rooting hard and staying "on the glutes" on the hi pull part. wanted the bell to feel light in the hand at the top. also focused hard on pulling the shoulder down as the bell went up.snatched the 300th rep; just because.wind and groove were both solid.

2kb dl 28kg
8,9,10,10


overhead snatch position holds

16kgx60 sec each arm
20 kgx45 sec each arm
24 kg x 30 sec each arm

these were solid and interesting. could really stay focused on pulling the shoulder down and pushing the chest forward. will keep them in the mix with the waiters walks.

I'm seriously dehydrated it seems after sweating all night last night.

bw 162.2
bf 11%!!!


time to hydrate.

datsit, staying watered.

5 comments:

Joe Sarti said...

Congrats...charging hard Rif, just love it man...inspiring effort!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Joe, things are coming along again.

Franz Snideman said...

Sweet - 300 reps is no joke.

Keep up the progress Rif!!!!

Ken Black said...

Nice work Rif. Congrats on the PR.

Mark Reifkind said...

thnaks guys, almost 200 snatches on saturday now 300 pulls, not a bad weeks work. It feels like I am ready to jump over a volume hurdle. 300 yesterday was not a problem and even the last reps didnt slow down; still had plenty of hip snap, float and pop.best ever actually.

it is like when I was cycling a lot and hadnt donea 100 mile ride yet. Once I did 100 everything up to that got taken a notch down,as did 100 miles. Mainly a psychological barrier broken me thinks.

the 200 snatches on saturday was like that too.I think I just jumpd up a nothc, work capacity and efficiency wise.

the broader the base the higher the peak.

I think once I listened to my body telling me NOT to change workouts things went back on track.

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...