Saturday, October 14, 2006

300 snatches

All time volume PR although with the 20 kg. Decided to drop down to the 20 kg after all that heavy work last week and drop reps as well to 5's. Saturday am are getting colder and much harder to warm up,especially now that I am barefoot! LOL. Oh well.

Had a serious allergy attack yesterday for the first time in almost 20 years and was feeling the HR effects of claritin. Not the fastest pace( 45 min) as I was waiting for nick a lot but that wasnt the goal.Had 300 in mind since yesterday. Nice week, 300 hi pulls and 300 snatches.

Snatch
warmup: two hand swings 16 kg x20x2,20 kg x20
Hi pull snatch, transfer with 16 kg x 5 each arm x2 sets

16kgx5/5/5/5x2

20kgx5/5/5/5 x15 sets= 300 reps/ 13,200 pounds.

hands held up nicely and form was solid and fluid. Baseline condition now is very solid and the 20 reps/set was no problem with keep power up the entire time. happy with this.

Halos
26x10/10
36x8/8 x2

One leg calf raise
18x5
26x5
36x5x2

Rifga stretch: 15 minutes focus on shoulder and hammies

will weigh later when hydrated.

5 comments:

Royce said...

WOW WOW WOW
Everytime I read your blog there is a new PR.

It is very cool though because it makes me realize what people are capable of.

Here is what is going on with me.

I am in the house working several hours a day so I am getting plenty of "functional" ( lol ) strength-endurance stuff in a week.

I have been doing push presses and negatives with the bulldog attempting to get strong enough to strictly press it, well it ain't working.

So I am going to have to bite the bullet and get a 2 pood wich is what I should have done in the first place.

How I got to be able to press the 2 pood was low rep sets with plenty of rest between sets, 3-5 min, I don't know why I broke the cycle and got a KB I couldn't press
damned ego I guess!!

I did have a PR today though I closed the IM #2 gripper without it being in a hose clamp, so I'm feeling pretty proud!!

Mark Reifkind said...

Thanks royce,
I live for prs,lol! truthfully I am always 'hunting' them out, trying to find away to get closer to one of them in one way or another. Ilearned this doing wsb and it holds well for all kinds of training..
so much of being able to press the next bell up is total body tension and push presses dont work that well.

when you do your negs with the 88 focus on midsection,lats and glute tension on the neg, not just the arm/shoulder and I bet it helps.


and, get a two pood!

Mark Reifkind said...

oh yeah and that grip pr counts!

Anonymous said...

This is probably a dumb question, but..

"20kgx5/5/5/5 x15 sets"
Does this mean 5 with left, then with right, again with left, right, then rest? And do this 15 times?

BTW, that Kenneth Jay's post was an interesting read, I think I'll try doing one high volume day in between the 32kg work.

Thanks

Mark Reifkind said...

marko

yes. I altenate 5 reps per hand twice and then rest. 15 times of that.

I know you will get stronger increasing your volume with smaller weights as well as using the 32.

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...