Saturday, December 30, 2006

300 snatches


I got this number in my head and I couldnt get it out. Knew I wanted to go lighter today and use the 20 kg and thought 300 sounded good. Wednesdays 240 one arm swings with the 24 kg gave me a lot of confidence so I thought I could do it. THen, good friend and pro strongman Rob Meulenberg showed up to squat and I knew it was a done deal!

Snatches
26x5/5/5/5x2
36x4/4/4/4

44x5/5/5/5x15 sets
300 reps ! Ties PR
13,200 pounds

excellent. wasnt the fastest pace but it was steady as we had some spotting to do but cardio was fine. switching off hands every five reps let me really focus on going hard each rep and getting more overload on the legs and hips than the arms. switching hands frequently definitely changes the focus from arm and shoulder fatigue to the overall system and lower body. And thats what I need.
My form was very solid throughout and I didnt even get any hammie fatigue until the last two sets and it was mild. I just have to think 'one arm swing' and let myself bend over. much smoother that was. did NOT pause at the top much for two reasons:
1) it definitely is harder on my right shoulder
2) it definitely slows down the pace from more of a total sprint to a collection of single reps.

This was much easier than the first time I had done it. Should have done another set.wasnt quite sure this was my pr. have to get better at recording these different weight prs.

I do have to add my snatch holds back in though as that position,esepcially with no presses or windmills is getting weaker,even as my flexibility increases.

Halos
26x10/10
36x8/8x2
26x10/10

datsit, very happy with the workout and what a thrill it was to have big Doc Rob squatting heavy again. Brought back lots of great memories!Staying loose.

2 comments:

Royce said...

Damn Rif 300. Way to go dude, that is some serious volume!!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks dude, wasnt that hard actually.my swing form is getting a groove!

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...