Sunday, December 31, 2006

Nick Sweeney throws the discus

Having Doc Rob show up at Stones yesterday brought back many memories.I have a new client who was a Heptathlete for Ireland and the name of my old friend Nick Sweeney was brought up.Nick was a multi time Olympian for Ireland and trained for many years at my World Gym in Campbell as well as my garage gym.Great great guy and super funny. Strong as a horse too although he had as many injuries as me and was forced to retire and resume real life as a stock broker in NY.
Found this video of him throwing in 1999 ,when he was still training with us.

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...