Saturday, December 02, 2006

Snatch Day.

Snatcher extraordinaire Rob Lawrence with the arm rotation I am referring to.



I like it when a workout has a singular focus.I cut my iron teeth on chest and arm day, leg day, squat or deadlift or bench day. For so many many years Saturday was squat day and this was the culmination of my week. The reward I got for my toils for money during the week. This meant I could get up and ONLY have to think about squatting, instead of fitting it in amoungst the rest of mental detrius life demands you focus on so regularly.

When I couldnt squat anymore it became Snatch day, my true measuring stick as to my progress these days. If my snatch training is going well life is good. If it is not then :(((((Its great to get around a serious group of guys and hit it as hard as possible that day. This is even better if people are getting ready for competition but training for PRs is just as good for me these days.

After a serious squat or deadlift workout there was little left that needed( or actually could) be done in serious way. I feel that way about the snatch.I can still do small assistance exercises but one big move and its over.
I would rather put out all my energy towards that one lift that day to maximize my performance and then rest up and hit it hard again.But that's just me.

High Pull/Snatch
26 x hundreds( really cold today)
36x10/10x2
44x10/10

53x10/10 x12 sets
240 reps/12,720 pounds

thought this was a bit tough but I also thought I had done 256 last week. I had done 256 but I had alternated with the 20 kg! No wonder it was harder, lol!Fast pace too as it was only two of us. No Nick slowing us down with his squatting! lol!

Internal Rotation technique on the snatch

Spoke to Pavel about the interesting arm rotation I got from the double snatch the other day and he said it's only possible with two kbs as doing it with a single bell could create too much counter rotation to stop the spin of the body. I have such screwed up orthopedics it actually seemed to work for me!It was especially easier on the right arm and seemed to give the shoulder a much better resting place overhead as I rotate slightly to the right.

We of course will see how my back is tomorrow. It was very slight, not a major change. Will see. I think the doubles are out though as the too wide stance tugs too hard on lateral hammies and IT.

oh well.


halos
26x10/10
36x8/8x2
26x10/10


datsit, staying loose

1 comment:

weiwei said...

wow gold
cheapest wow gold
RS Gold
In America any boy may become President and I suppose it’s just one of the risks he takes.How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy.Nobody ever said life was easy…they just promised that it would be worth it.
buy runescape gold
Tera gold
tera online gold

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...