Thursday, December 07, 2006

Steve Goggins Power Squat

He would always look down ,get seriously bent over and good morning the weight up but he was the first 275'er to squat 1102 and has been at this for decades.Sometimes it just aint pretty but it is strong.
I seemed to have survived the two handed hi pulls.What I am going to try is switching days:doing high pulls( two hand) and cleans on saturday and snatches on monday. I am theorizing this will be easier and better as saturdays is just too slow with all the spotting I have to do and three guys to get a decent pace and rythym into my snatches.
Plus Sat AM is tougher trying to go overhead without a lot of time to really warm my creaky old body up.
the two hand hipulls will fit in well with nicks squats and I can go heavier with less volume and not worry about pace so much.We'll see if this works at all

No comments:

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...