Monday, March 19, 2007

400


Swings, that is,lol. Still can't get the movie out of my mind and I have to say I did have some weird dreams last night. Now I need to read some Greek history it seems; those guys were studs and Sparta was real.THis is the stuff that keeps me going back to the gym, the CONCEPT of strength, the concept of heroism and concept of conquering the weakness in yourself so you can help protect others,most notably your family.

Everytime you make the right choice you get stronger and everytime you give in you diminish. What's the right choice? The one you know you should make but don't want to.You don't have to want to you just have to.At least that's what I believe real men do.
I'm not sure who said it but it is said that Bravery is doing what is needed and being the only one who knows you are scared. I like that.
Leonidis also lead from the front. THAT'S a leader. He showed his men how to do it, he set the example and inspired them to be better; to be as good as he. That concept is inspiring to me.

ANd I did NOT want to do this workout this afternoon,LOL( now THATS a seque). Light day with the 16 kg for one arm swings. I knew I had to challenge myself to do some damn reps because it is, after all , a freaking 16 kg and I didnt want my wife to smoke me too badly when she reads this and repeats the workout, but does it twice through in half the time,lol!

20 reps per arm popped into my head and sure enough I didnt want to do it. The perfect number then,lol!Gotta get into these reps slowly.

One arm swing
16 kg x 20/20x10 sets
400 reps
14,400 lbs.

started out with one minute rests( sets took one minute) and then went to 75 sec or so midway and got back to one minute rests the last 4 sets. I also ran negative split races and workouts in both running and cycling. takes forever to warmup.

Rack walks
20kg x 200 feet per arm 400 feet per lap
1600 feet.

these went well after yesterdays longer walk recovery was ok. happy with this. was slow though,lol. legs were tired.

Snatch holds
16kg x
30 sec,45 sec,60 sec x2

these were suprisingly tough. tired. 24 kg was easier saturday.


BW 161.8
BF 9.6% !!!!
Water 60.4%

The great grain experiment is over and conclusive. I have been eating thise GREAT granola with flax seed and pumkin seed and oats and oat flour for the last week and not eating ice cream and sure enough the bf keeps rising. And my calories count is DOWN! Back to haagen daz and no grains.

datsit.staying loose.

5 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

You are really getting obese Rif.

Have you heard of weight watchers?

Just kidding. 400 swings, that rocks! You are the king of strength endurance - which I'm sure is what I need to work on more!

Anonymous said...

Read 'Gates of Fire', epic novel by Pressfield.

Mark Reifkind said...

thahks franz but it is just the 16kg. I expect that number to be much better as I adapt back into hi rep training on mondays. and yes you do need more of it too!

Mark Reifkind said...

gates of fire, thanks

Brett Jones said...

Rif,
Gotta second the Gates of Fire recommendation - the historical narrative by Steven Pressfield - very good book.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...