Saturday, March 31, 2007

The swing's the thing.


Another great workout in the bank. So nice not to have my shoulder aching constantly.It's amazing to have it feel almost 100% normal again.ROM overhead is not perfect and things do tighten up but nowhere near where it's been for the last two years. Just swinging is the best thing I have done yet! Tons of work with no negative physical effect. I always thought it was but now i'm sure: the swing's the thing.


And this loading protocol is working great as well. I have been feeling really 'ready' for the days loading as it varies just enough from the last workouts but is similar enough to get some postive carryover.


Clean,Press, Windmill( left)

36x5x2

53x5x2


these feel really really good. The two pood soon.


Single leg DL ( right)

36x5x2

53x5x2


not sure I should do these before I swing, we'll see. but the move itself felt easy and good.



DARCS

36x20 x2

53x10x2


72x20x12 sets

240 reps

17,280 lbs! ( thats a solid workload. 20,00 pounds is in reach)


these went great! Most of the reps were chest high and above and the swing felt powerful and the bell light in my hand. Lots of hip drive as well. Gonna keep the reps at 20 till I get 15 sets and 300 reps, then increase the reps to 22 or 24 and rebuild the sets.


Snatch holds

36x30 sec both arms

53x30 sec

x40 sec

x 45 sec

x 60 sec


these were very strong.


Halos

26x10/10x3 sets


datsit! staying loose.


5 comments:

Taikei Matsushita said...

HALO is something I haven't been doing for quite some time.
Is it better to choose lighter weight over heavy one, when the sole purpose is joint mobility/flexibility?

Royce said...

Damn Rif 240 darcs with the 2 pood.
That's 240 reps with over 40% of your bodyweight.
Nice one man!

Mark Reifkind said...

takei,

I use both the 12 ad 16 kg for halos, both of which are pretty light.I suppose you col duse heavier weight and lower reps if you wanted to build more strength in that ROM but I need mobility more than anything there.


royce,

thanks man, 300 reps is just around the corner. I could have done 260 easy, never really had any form breakdown yesterday, just ran out of time.

I can also see heavy day including the 40 kg soon too.

Royce said...

RIGHT ON DUDE. You start working with the 'dog and you'll be tossing aroud over half your weight.
COOL.

Geoff Neupert said...

Yeah, nice job on the DARCs with the 32kg! Getting stronger feels pretty good, huh?!

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...