Saturday, June 02, 2007

Last heavy day before the cert.

Next weekend I'll be teaching, standing and walking all day for three days so this is the last tough day I will have this week. I'll train Monday but skip Wednesday and just stretch out.
All pumped up from watching my Star Wife put up close to the record in the Secret Service Snatch Test the first time I was ready to train!
Tracy is a natural athlete with really good natural strength and coordination. Not to mention a freakish level of endurance! The first time I took her for a ride on a racing road bike( first time she had been on one) I had not been far removed from fairly serious bike training and took her for a circuit called the 'loop' in Palo Alto. She crushed it like a bug and it didnt seem to faze her much at all.I was impressed then and also impressed when she squatted and deadlift 245 lbs weighing just 150.
But this performance was the most impressive I've seen her do. Amazing. Congrats Honey! 300 plus is coming.

One arm swings
16kgx5/5/5/5x2
24kgx5/5/5/5x2

32kgx5/5/5/5x12 sets
240 reps pr
17,280 pounds. nice.

these felt really good although my forearms were still a bit cooked from wednesays and just work. The groove felt solid and the speed was good as well.

Two kb one arm swing
16kg+12 kg( 28kg)x5/5
20kg+16kg(36 kg)x5/5
24kg+16 kg( 40kg)x5/5
24kg+24kg(48kg)x5/5
280+360+400+480=1520 kg/3344 pounds.

this was tough. I was much more tired from swings than last week. plus I didnt get my grip right on one set on the left hand and felt just how much stress their can be on the fingers if you dont set up right.might not be a moved that needs to be trained; just done occasionally.

two kb one hand press
2 12 kgs x3/3
12 + 16x2/2 x 2

this was tough today as well. done here.

Snatch holds
16kg x45 sec
24kgx45 sec x2

Halos
12 kg x 3x12

datsit and congrats again to my studette wife!

5 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

Two bells in one hand seems a bit insane to me. Pretty soon, you'll be doing snatches while palming a 16-lb. bowling ball and extend your Rifga practice to include hand expansion techniques.

In a couple years, you'll innocently place your gigantic hand on the table at a restaurant, and the waitress will be like WTF? Are you coming on to me?. When she eventually serves your 26-oz. draft beer with extreme caution because she's freaked out, you'll raise the large glass like a 6-oz. cup of tea, with most of your humongous fingers dangling from the glass.

When you finally come to your senses and return to training with only one kettlebell, you'll find that your Rifga-enhanced hands are far too large to comfortably hold only one kettlebell, so you'll be swinging with just two fingers on the bell.

After pleading with Dragondoor for years, they'll eventually agree to have a 24kg kettlebell with a double-wide handle manufactured just for you, for the princely sum of a thousand dollars, provided you agree to purchase another one every month for the rest of your life.

Mark Reifkind said...

well I resemble that remark :))

You crack me up dude, you should be writing comedy.

all those years of smashing my hands into pommell horses, vaults floor and parallel bars made them a bit thick too,lol.
I'm not sure I'm going to be training those moves asmuch as just doing them every once in a while. they werent not as much fun today.

Aaron Friday said...

Serious, dude. You'll be doing two-hand swings with an Atlas stone, just because nothing else fits your hands.

Plus, your ass will be so huge from the Atlas-stone swings that Congress will have to determine if your ass should be added to Mt. Rushmore, right next to the face of Abe Lincoln. Four presidential faces and one huge, muscular ass carved in stone for eternity.

Christine said...

LOL @ Aaron.

Royce said...

Yeah Rif I can't do lots of 2 bk one hand swings with my gimpy ring finger on my right hand. It does put on hell of a lot of stress on the fingers. Almost like IM's fingertips claw device.
On a side note 2 heavy bells picked up suitcase style on one side makes for a GREAT oblique excersize.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...