Monday, July 30, 2007

Max Vo2 day

Decided to step back after last weeks peak and only do 40 sets today. Had thought about going up to 8 reps a cycle but that wouldnt be backing off much eh?lol. So I thought if I felt good at the end I would step up and that's jsut what happened.
Really solid form and the heavy days on saturday are really blending well with this fast paced hi volume work. the light snatches are really helping my hip snap and power and the heavy ones make this weight seem like the toy it is.
The light days with hi volume really makes my form come out as well.

Snatches
16 kg x 15 on 15 off 7 reps per cycle
30 cycles
210 reps
16kg x 15 on 15 off at 8 reps per cycle
10 cycles
80 reps
290 reps
10,440 pounds

This felt very very solid and I really concentrated on my over head position this time and made sure to punch through at the end. When I got to 30 sets I knew I could get 8 reps a cycle, but it was tough. DOing 50 sets at 8 reps per cycle will be one hell of a feat!!Got a way to go though.

Face pulls
stick slides
scapula pullaparts

4 cycles while Joe deadlifted.

Rack holds with 16 kg
4 sets of 45 sec each arm
these also felt solid.

Rack walks
1200 feet
switch arms every 200 feet
Farmers walk single 16 kb
600 feet.( hate these,always feel off balance)

datsit, stay loose.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Only 40 sets Mark?!! That rocks!! Im going to do V02 max practice right after i complete the A.O.S "Firepower" cycle that im currently doing, you are a hell of a motivator BigRiff!

Thanks

Tracy Reifkind said...

thanks, I am doing my best to keep up with Tracy, lol.Glad I am helping to keep you motivated!

Mark Reifkind said...

oops that was me.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...