Wednesday, August 22, 2007

gettin it done.

Just blah today.One of those days where life's bs dominates the mind and concentration is hard to find.But that's the thing with kettlebells; if you dont concentrate you can't do them very well and you can easily get hurt, so stepping up and doing what you need to do is the order of the day and mindfulness of the task at hand has to dominate the minutae of lifes baloney sandwhich.

Snatch
16 kg x5/5x2
24 kg x7/7 x7 sets
98 reps
5194 lbs

Not bad considering my mindset( or lack thereof) and trying to stay focused on my new foot plant position.Also havent snatched on wednesdays in forever and mondays snatch fest wasnt far behind.Suprisingly I was not as sore as I have been in recent weeks so it was not as difficult as I expected. Once I got into the sauna, I mean the dungeon, I mean the gym :))

One arm swings
24 kg x
20/20
15/15
12/12
10/10
114 reps
6042 lbs
I decided to punish myself for being such a pussy and did some hi reps( well , at least one set)Not as easy as I had hoped but my head just wasnt there.

Farmers walks with 2 16 kg
5 sets of 200 feet..

Havent done these in a long time and wanted to play with the new foot plant position and see how it fared. Not bad at all but it is certainly different than the single arm rack walks. another tool in the box though; if my back says yes, which I think it will.

Stick slide
Stick shoulder extensions
Double mini band scap pulls
Stick squat rack stretch

4 rounds of each.


datsit, staying loose in 90 deg heat is easy!

8 comments:

Jim Ryan said...

I would say, "Great Job, Rif!" Workouts on days like that are the hardest of all. You did SOMETHING and that's what counts most.

I'm impressed. I know I've totally wussed out lately, with some weird illness, I've had no energy and feel whipped at the slightest exertion so you have inspired me to do SOMETHING, instead of nothing.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks jim,I agree, its these that really count the most.glad I inspired someone!

Royce said...

Nice dude! Like you always say "These are the ones that count."

Just consider this, if you took the average American and asked him/her to do what you did today they would be in shock. Rock on man!!

Davie said...

Just found your blog from the YouTube videos.

Great videos and also great to see you training on a day like today when your head is isn't in the game - we have all been there but it takes a different kind of person to still train, and put in some good numbers too!

Franz Snideman said...

Rif,

Not every day can be one of those Zippidy Doo Daw days. Sometimes we just have to blast through and you seem to do very well at doing that!

Mark Reifkind said...

crossfitcs

thanks for the kind words as well as stopping by. always great to have people commenting here.Do you know Rannoch Donald from edinburgh? He's an RKC and a great guy.
Its amazing to see just how much NOT having your head into it can really kill performance. there was nothing wrong with me other than not being able to shake some personal stuff that was on my mind.
and yes these are the workouts that really count the most.
I was as close to bailing on a workout as I have ever been.
did NOT want to blog that, that's for sure,lol.
this definitely helps keep me honest and on my game.

Mark Reifkind said...

royce, you are right man. it's nice to know that even on your worst days you are stronger and fitter than 99% of the rest of the population. slackers.

Royce said...

LOL :-)

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...