Friday, October 12, 2007

Holy shit, I'm in trouble, lol.

My pair of clubbells arrived today. Thank God I only got the tens. I thought they had mistakenly sent me twenty fives when the package arrived. This is going to be serious.Threw em around just a bit already, doing some swings and some order guard and flag positions and just feeling them out. No joke. And one HELL of a really nicely made training tool. This thing is class all the way. Has a great feel and look to it, very finished.I love that I can do really close stance swings, that will balance out the wider, more midline swings of the kbs.
Its a big ass, heavy weighted club.Excellent.Have some dvds to watch again.
More fun tomorrow.

10 comments:

BJ Bliffert said...

Haha!

I know how you feel, I ordered the 15s first. Took 'em out of the box, swung them, set them down and ordered the 10s.

Totally different grip challenge!

Very fun tool, and your right they are well made.

BJ

Mark Reifkind said...

no kidding dude, it scared me.lol.I going to start off with double swings,pendulums and torch press.

Tom Furman said...

Be careful. Keep your shoulders "packed" as Scott says. Clubs are not forgiving.

Mark Reifkind said...

I can see that. I've spent the last couple hours going over the vids very carefully.

Franz Snideman said...

Good luck with your clubbells! I need to get me some. My client lent me his for a couple of years and that was great!

I tweaked my elbows using them a couple of years ago doing the casting exercises behind the head (hyperflexion of the elbow is way worse than hyper-extension of the elbow in my book).

Either way they are loads of fun and a great tool!

Mark Reifkind said...

hyper flexion; ouch.never really thought of that injury but it would be nasty. I can feel it just imagining it,lol.mess up the capsule really well.
no, I am starting VERY slowly with swings and the pendulums.
I am very glad I got the tens.

Guarden said...

Great you got your CB's.
Think I will do some workouts with them soon.
I only have 2 x 25 lbs, LOL.
It's gotta hurt, hehe..

4 Ranges, RKC said...

Oh, this is getting exciting!! :)

Mark Reifkind said...

jacob,

good luck man, but you are younger, stonger and have better shoulders than me, you will be fine.

Mark Reifkind said...

rolando,

yeah, it is. just gotta figure out where to put the training,lol.

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...