Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Kenneth Jays Blog Post

You have to check out Kenneth Jays blog for some great pictures of Kenneth training with kbs in some most unusual ways.The man has an imagination as well as being just freaky strong!Strength is always the base.

I came to kettlebells from powerlifting and thought that although I couldnt lift heavy weights with a barbell anymore I could still grow my strength without hurting myself with kettlebells.A different type of strength than powerlifting but strength nonetheless. And I could have endurance and resilence as well at the same time.But it is always the strength that fascinates me. If I can lift something more than ten times I figure I should be using a heavier weight.Strength, speed and power for me.Endurance comes out of strength.

1 comment:

Aaron Friday said...

My favorite is the kettlebells deadlift with the thick bar. My second favorite is the arm-wrestling apparatus. He had a freaky "junk yard" thing going on, even though KBs are not junk.

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...