Wednesday, October 31, 2007

snatch sprints, clubbell casts and work capacity.

I am going to do three different snatch workouts : a max vo2 day with 16kg,sprint sets ssst style with the 20 kg and paced, paused overhead holds with the 24 one day each week.Today was the 20 kg for fast reps with some higher reps.I tried to do each rep as explosively as possible but still hit a legal lockout for the ssst. Not as long as the paused day workout but not a touch and go like the max vo2 day either. Sprints be hard! Havent done it this way in long time and I could tell.

snatch
16kgx5/5/5/5x3

20kgx
8/8/5/5x 6 sets
156 reps
6864 lbs

these felt very good, wind was good, teshnik was good too and speed was very decent considering I havent done max vo2 speed stuff in a few weeks and been doing more paced held snatches on wednesdays.hands are good too. Good pace as Joe and I went 'you go, I go'.HR recovery decent.

Clubbell Casts
two bell arm casts 10 #x5x8 solid, hands with no choke.This is a very natural move for me.
one bell arm cast 15 # 3x5 each arm /same as above but can really tell the difference heavy makes here.
shield casts 10# 4x8 each arm this was challenging with the tens and I dont have a lot of room for error with my right shoulder BUT I am amazed that 1) I can do this MOTION at all , 2) that I can do it with a ten # club and walk away unscathed and 3) I think it is really helping the shoulder go to the next level
Gama Casts 15 # 2x10 each side
Circular gama casts 15# 2x10 each direction
Barbarian cast to flag 3x5 15 # LOVE this one,lol,

Man these bring me back to my bodybuilding days and heavy db pullovers. I used to be able to regulary do set of 10 with a 150 lb db and it was such a great move for the lats,triceps, serratus and shoulders. Havent been able to anything remotely similar to it for YEARS.And now I can with these clubs. way cool.will have to be very careful with the wrists and elbows as well as the shoulders.These things are way more potent than they look at first. Plus you could easily take out a knee or ankle if you are not paying attention!

Rack Walks 16 kg
1200 feet continuous ,hand switches every 200 ft.
Havent done these in a month and I really need to. Back to the staples.

It was a very long day at work with lots of clubbell demos and lots of swings, pendulums casts and combinations with almost each client.Not to mention the kb demos as well and tons of Z with clients. I need to do the z my body likes it.
Lots of fun but lots of work, albeit light.So it is really nice to see my work capacity back up as well as I well at the end of the day. 200 snatches for this day will be the baseline soon.

BW 158.2 ( after workout)
BF10.2%
Water 59.3%( too low)
I seem to like 158.2 pounds I think I've had the same reading three times in a row.

datsit, staying loose.

No comments:

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...