Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Snatches and casts.

I was a lot tighter from all the volume of close stance work with the cbs than I thought I would be. Nothing major, just had a tightness in the lateral part of the quadratus that I havent had in awhile.I have to watch my volume of bilateral work whether its two kbs inside the leg or two clubbells it seems.
24 kg day today for snatches and it was feeling light.Very happy to see that I havent messed with my groove for the snatch in a long time. same with the swing. It feels right and my focus is on doing it stronger and with more power for each rep than on trying to find the correct postitions or angle.

Snatch
16kgx8/8x2
20 kgx5/5

24kgx7/7x10 sets
140 reps
7420 lbs

this was an "I go you go" set up with Joe, who was snatching the two pood like it was a 16 kg.It was moving fast, the best he has done and his descent form is so much better of late as well . No hand issues either. He also did 2 singles with the beast weight of 106 in the pullup so he is just about ready for the Challenge in February.At 165 or so byFeb will be the lightest guy to tame the beast.

I held each rep for a solid 2 count before the descent and the overhead position is still improving with no shoulder pain, come to think of it.140 reps is the most I've done in one session in a long time.

2 cb pendulums
10lbs x15 reps
15lbs x4 sets of 15

man I could really feel where the rockets and the torch swings got me on monday: the upper hammies and across the lumbars L2-3 and 3-4. Not bad just such a different loading pattern than unilateral kbs. Its a good part of the hammie though, that hi part where you do reverse hypers and glute ham raises to hit, right under the glutes.the 15's were much easier than expected, good though.

One CB Mill
10lbs x 4 sets of 8 each side
medium choke. havent done this in awhile and it took a bit to get the coordination down.Amazed that I can even do it on my right shoulder. It is a big, full body movement with so much rotations in multiple planes .Haven't been able to do that for ages.

One cb side swings
10lbs x10 each side
15lbs x10 each side x 4 sets
this was way cool and really is such a new ROM for the shoulder and arm. I havent swung anything in the frontal plane perhaps-ever! was never really a baseball player or golfer.

gama casts 4x10 each grip
two handed circular casts 4x10 each side
barbarian casts 4x8

man I dig these cast movements.I can feel my triceps growing daily,lol.I do need to do more kb swings though on these days or get my lazy ass out there walking the kbs again.

datsit , staying loose.

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...