Tuesday, January 01, 2008

208 in 2008

Inspired by Takei's 2008 presses but not quite as insane as him I decided to do something symbolic for the first day and the first workout of 2008.This is the second time in two weeks I had a morning off so I decided upon 208 swipes with the 10 lb clubbells.
When I did 150 of these last week I thought I could have done 200 but saved something for the mills I also had planned. Nothing to hold back today for so:
Z drills warmup: 10 minutes
a few swings, pendulum swings and arm casts with two tens then

Two Clubbell Swipes
208 continuous reps in 12:40 sec with two ten pound CBs!

No rest at all even though my nose itched for the last 70 reps,lol! Went through the first 160 at a very steady pace and then picked it up for the last 48 reps.Really feel a solid groove with this movement. With someone pacing me I know I can do this in ten minutes.
Next goal, though, is 100 reps with the 15's.
Two handed swipes with 25 lb 5 sets of 8/8
I really really like this move! first time I tried it and it is serious with the 25 but I feel the same groove as I do with the two handed version of this. Will definitely add this in the mix.
Two handed circular casts with 25lb 4 sets of 8/8
this is really challenging with this weight.
KB walks 1200 feet switching hands every 200.


bout time I got this in. quick and dirty for the first day into the new year. Maxvo2 snatches should be fun tomorrow.
bad picture but a nice pump after the 208 reps!

datsit and Happy New Year!

10 comments:

Adam said...

Very nice! Rif i think i have put an inch on my upper arms and 1 1/2 on the forearms in the last 5 weeks from Clubs and bending big stuff, Have you taped out lately?

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks adam,but no, these days I stay far away from the tape,lol.Its nice now to actually feel like I have an upper body after the last three years.I do love feeling my triceps back in the game though.
Hey,I read on Adam Steers blog that he did 500 consecutive swipes with the 15's!!! crazy.

Taikei Matsushita said...

Nice looking pump!
I woke up next day pretty pleasantly.

Mark Reifkind said...

good to heat takei! Hopefully you wont get too much delayed onset.nice work man, you inspired me.

Aaron Friday said...

Mark, that's a fucking awesome arm!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks aaron, the fuzziness of the pic actually works in my favor,lol.

Adam Steer said...

Rif, nice work on the 208 Swipes! I really like your blog... I'm up to 800 straight Swipes with the 15s now and working on 1000 (the limiting factor for now seems to be the skin on my hands...). Keep the great content coming. Adam.

Mark Reifkind said...

adam,
welcome to my blog and wow, 800!!! thanks insane.How long is that taking you?are you resting at all in shoulder park? I would love to hear about your training for that.
and yes I bet that tears the crap out of your hands,lol.
thanks for coming by and hope to hear your comments often.

Adam Steer said...

Hey Mark,

800 took me about 40 minutes or so. No rest whatsoever... continuous movement. Once you get to a certain point in your training, I find the big volume numbers come mostly from efficiency (technique) and "mental toughness." If I can get my hands conditioned I don't think I'll have too much trouble with 1000. But I don't want to have to try too many times!! So I'm letting my hands heel up properly before I try again...

Mark Reifkind said...

way cool adam, thanks for sharing that.strangely enough I can understand that kind of thing, I really can feel the groove with the swipes but I have along way to go with efficiency.seem to have good levers for it though. same with ultra runs, mental toughness is key.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...