Monday, January 21, 2008

Heavy swings and arm casts

Bart Conner swinging inverted giants. I guess it's really no wonder why my shoulders are a bit 'loose'.



Hand tears healed up very nicely but I was still worried about 32kg one arms today. And not just for the tears,lol. That damn thing is still heavy;especially for 300 plus swings!

Although I am basing my percentages off my pr I recognize it as the Sat PR so I don't stress too much if I am not too close.Never really know what I can do that day til I get started and then till I really get warmed up.Plus it's cold and rainy again today and getting these old bones warm takes a bit.


One Arm Swings

16kgx5/5/5/5x2

24kgx5/5/5x2


32kgx10/10x12 sets

240 reps

17,280 lbs( always suprises me how fast the tonnage adds up with the 32!)


These went very well considering I havent done them in a month.( LOL)

Two cb arm cast

2x10 with 10s

4x10 with 15's

2x12 with 15's


these are always tough after the continually moving swipe. lots of tension stabilization necessary here.It's just such a comfortable move for me.


Two Hand Shield Cast.

10/10 with 15

10/10x25 x5 sets


now this was a handful but moved as well as it ever hand. shield casts are such a therapeutic shoulder/upperback movement. So fluid.But not vicious,lol.


Some thoughts about weight selection for this day:

It seems the time between the use of an individual bell is too far apart switching weights each week. For me to wave the loads on each bell will take way to much time to get back to 101% and there isnt as much carryover from weight to weight in terms of the prs.I think I might switch to using one weight for 4 week cycles waving the loads up each week, peaking , then switching to the next weight.ANd just cycle two weights: 24 and 32.

This method would also allow me to hit pr's without having to switch to saturdays to do it.I will alternate the 20 and the 24 kg each week on saturdays snatch workout.The 28 doesnt feel much different in perceived exertion to me than the 32. strange stuff.


BW 163( that's a surpise, I felt lighter and leaner)

BF 9.1%

water 60.3%


datsit.

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...