Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Peak rolls on- 300 Swipes.


Did 300 continuous swipes just now with two ten pound clubbells, crushing my old PR of 208 reps done on New Years Day.It's even better since I havent been training this move lately either.It's all easy when it's light.
I was supposed to just do Z and stretch out today but I feel too good. So I decided to just do one movement, with light weight and then get out of the gym. I felt like two cb swipes would be a good move as long as I stayed with the tens, with which I can really relax and stay loose and stay focused on staying on my left leg.I decided on doing 250 reps as I knew I could crank that out strongly. But when I got to 250 I knew 300 was there so I just kept going. I have had the number 300 for this move in my head ever since I did the 200. The hardest part is not being able to rechalk or wipe sweat. 400 is next.Adams 800 is unbelievable.
Counted up to 100, then again to 100 , then to 50, the 50 backwards. Easier on my mind.Just like eating an elephant. Small bites.
I think that the movement was fresh was in my favor as well. Sometimes too much training just wrecks a groove. So, no warmup just:

1x300 swipes with 2 10lb CBs in 17 minutes PR

Just about 18 reps a minute.If I had had a pacer/rep counter it would have been easier as I was so focused on not screwing up the rep count that I wasn't as fluid.Total opposite of Hardstyle KB work. I tried to do as little work as possible on each rep and still keep pace. Very relaxing.
HR at end of 300 reps about 135-140, about 65% of my guesstimated max HR of 210.(monday hit 200 and it wasnt max for sure).

Now I can do some Zs and stretch out in the beautiful 68 degree sunshine! Everyone is in tomorrow and Brett is coming straight from the airport to the Rifstonian Institute for a squat/bench workout.There's a rumour the Evil One might be making a surprise visit as well. You never know.
Let the games begin.
BW 164 Zikes!
BF 8.9%
Water 60.8%
dont feel any fatter.
datsit.

10 comments:

Authentic Strength Training said...

Rif,
Good work on your triple century. You feeling like a warrior? I found a high school here in van nuys that has multiple pull up stations with big fat bars. I ate it up.

Cheers,
W2

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks man, I do, and try to live my life like that.it sounds like you are tearing it up regularly as well. glad you are liking your new digs. see you soon in Denmark.we should have a blast!

Taikei Matsushita said...

Please post the picture if the evil Russian arrived.

I'm likely to attend this year's RKC II. Hopefully I would get to see you again.

Bill Fox said...

Jealous. Have fun Man.

Mark Reifkind said...

takei,

will do on both counts. will see you at level 2 for sure.

Mark Reifkind said...

bill,

see you soon I'm sure too.

Aaron Friday said...

Great PR, and nice picture with the wall of bodies.

I love it when Leonidis screams "This is Sparta" and front kicks that condescending piece of crap into the pit.

Good thing you're in sunny CA for this event. -1 in St. Paul, as of right now, would pretty much insure that you'd be inside for the instruction.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks aaron, and yes I love that scene as well. and yes that is too cold for words,much less training.

Tom Furman said...

Good job on the swipes Rif. Look at some of Scott Sonnen's old numbers and they are scary for his weight!

--Tom

Mark Reifkind said...

tom,
thanks man and I have seen sonnons numbers with the 25 lbers. insane. I can't imagine doing it,really.SO strong.

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...