Saturday, July 26, 2008

Back on the SSST road.

Saturdays snatch training was originally( of late, anyway) was supposed to be geared towards my SSST testing.Despite all my max vo2 work I havent felt like training for higher and higher reps on Saturdays but I think now it's time.
Tracy will be testing her SSST and USSST after we go through the max vo2 and boost protocol cycles I have drawn up for her and I think I need to get focused on testing at least the 20 kg for ten minutes at the same time.Probably the 24 kg for the five minutes as well.
So did a bit of higher reps today as the start. I had delusions of 40 rep sets( 10/10/10/10) but thought better of it as I started my warmup.
This is what I ended up with:

20 kg Snatch
10/10/5/5
10/10/6/6
10/10/7/7
10/10/8/8
10/10/9/9
10/10/10/10

210 reps
9240 reps

things went very well> I used a more relaxed pace except for the last ten reps of each side where I sprinted it in.Used the corkscrew on left and hs over the top on right. Don't know why, just where it went today.Not a problem at all. If I had gotten more food last night I could have started with the 40 rep sets right away, I think. Next time more food earlier.ALmost tweaked my right shoulder trying to do an impromtu downhil transfer. Works well left to right but my right shoulder doesnt seem to like it. Of course I should actually practice it with light weights before just throwing it into a set,lol
The next two weeks I am at certs so it's a moot point for now.

Clubbell Mills
15 lb cb x12/12
x14/14
x16/16
x20/20
Good to have these back in the rotation, elbow is feeling fine and the 15s are finally feeling light.

datsit. more yoga tomorrow and more food today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. SSST is hard...
I am always looking at your blog.

Respect Mr.Rif

Aaron Friday said...

Mark, what are you focusing on with the SSST sessions? High volume, longer sets? Are you keeping track of time at all?

Mark Reifkind said...

koba,

thanks for stopping by and the well wishes.

rif

Mark Reifkind said...

aaron

I try to do as high a rep sets as I can do mu;ltiple times with more hand switches simulating what I will do on the ssst but with swings instead of snatches.its a bear.

Anonymous said...

情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,飛機杯,自慰套,自慰套,自慰套,自慰器,充氣娃娃,AV,按摩棒,電動按摩棒,情趣按摩棒,按摩棒,跳蛋,跳蛋,跳蛋,男女,潤滑液,SM,情趣內衣,內衣,性感內衣,角色扮演,角色扮演服,吊帶襪,丁字褲

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...