Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bikram External

Did my first "second" class of the week in three weeks and it was a good one.We alternate studios and this one is definitely a lot less intense than the San Jose one.It isnt so freaking crowded, hot and the instructor is way better with more respect for the student and the speed of progressive in movement that is actually possible.MOre time to work into the poses. Plus she holds us much longer in the poses and we get more time to really settle in,
One thing I noticed today is just how much external rotation of the shoulders that are involved in so many poses.From the heel cup position in the forward bend part of half moon series to the eagle pose,floor bow, the standing bow,triangle,locust, the camel and even the arm postion in savasana, the lying pose the arms are externally rotated.
Which just points out to me just how LITTLE external rotation my right shoulder still has and how unwilling it is to let it go.BUT it still is getting better each class. And still has so long to go.The hardest part still is getting 'unhinged' from locust pose without the shoulder subluxating.Still have to figure that one out but I can now get my own left leg on floor bow, standing bow and camel.
Going to do my first two classes in a row tomorow at the 4:30 class at the 'tough" studio, Bikram San Jose.

215 x 1, 225 miss x 2, 205 x 1 x 5 , side and rear delts , floor pushups ( deep, paused) 3 x 9

 Didnt sleep well last night and that didn't help. 205 and 215 were strong ( but not fast) and sure enough I didn't have enough spee...