Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pr Bikrams

Man, not having it so crazy hot makes it a lot easier to really work the poses. Went to the Los Gatos studio today with Tracy and can truthfully say I did each pose the best I have ever done them.Again, the fact that I wasnt more focused on not having heat stroke than the execution of the positions helped a great deal.
But a Pr is a pr, anyway you cut it..
The balancing series was so strong and I came within 5 seconds of making the full minute on standing bow on my left leg.This makes me very happy.I can remember not so long ago at all that I couldnt not stand on my left leg by itself for 3 seconds much less 60 while in some funky arabesque like flexibility trick!
I even nailed balancing stick for the full count on both sets. Major inprovement. But the biggest change was in the second head to knee pose( dont know the name) where the lefts are split fore and aft with the knees locked out. right leg in front has been fine and I use it to work my left knee lockout but whenever I put my left leg in front I could barely stand up much less lean over and put my full weight on the leg!
But today I found my hip and got so much further than last week it was almost a different pose.
Crazy.
Another class tomorrow at 4:30 so we'll see what back to backs look like again.

datsit.

3 comments:

A Headless Place said...

Great progress Rif!

Bikram himself is in my area teaching a workshop. Originaly I was going to Flint MI for Ken Blackburns meet but couldn't due to family obligations. So I may attend the workshop. Might be (sort of) fun!

Eric

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks eric,

I think it would be way cool to take a class from the guy who designed the system. who better?

Anonymous said...

情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,飛機杯,自慰套,自慰套,自慰套,自慰器,充氣娃娃,AV,按摩棒,電動按摩棒,情趣按摩棒,按摩棒,跳蛋,跳蛋,跳蛋,男女,潤滑液,SM,情趣內衣,內衣,性感內衣,角色扮演,角色扮演服,吊帶襪,丁字褲

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...