Saturday, August 16, 2008

Snatch workout default: 5x5

Some pain from Monday
I need to up my body mass a bit so I have to get some heavier loads in and that means the 24 kg for me.But my hands are a mess from the max vo2 work on wednesday so that means low reps. Its a good set/rep scheme for me: I love being explosive for only a set of 10 and then taking a decent rest before repeating for as many sets as I can keep the bell speed up, and my hands together :))

I also always use these low rep sets to hold the top position extra long and work on that as well as get some static strength into my rotator cuff. I firmly believe that all the snatch hold work I've done for the last year and a half was mainly responsible for me being able to press the 32 kg last week from the tall kneeling position with no pain. A what the hell effect to be sure.Most excellent.



Snatch

16 kg x 5//5 x2

20 kg x5/5


24 kg x5/5x15 sets

150 reps

7960 pounds


Clubbell swings

2 15 lb Cbs x 20 reps x 5 sets


DId these as my elbows felt the need for the wonderful traction and resistance against an externally rotating torque at the top of the swing. Just really locks the scapula in so easily.The actual swipes are harder on the ankles for me and I dont get as much traction of the elbow and locking in of the shoulders.


Two hand shield cast

15 lb x10/10

25 lb x 8/8 x 4 sets


Havent done this in awhile and it was heavier than expected! Good to get this back in the mix as well. Clubbell work is so solid for tension through a 3D range of motion. hard to get any other way.


Thats it. A real week of training will be complete tomorrow when I make my second Bikrams class this week. Finally.I can feel the energy and strength returning to my body.Sleeping helps too :))

Next week will be even stronger.


datsit.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello, Mr. Reifkind:

Interesting practice; I like your idea about holding the heavier kettlebell for an extended time overhead. Perhaps it will work for me; do we all have shoulder issues? Man alive!

By the way, I wish I had taken an opportunity to meet you while attending the UCLA Cert: my loss.

And, of course, hearty congratulations to you on your advancement to Master RKC!

Keep on keeping on; you are an inspiration to us all, Mr. Reifkind.

Regards,
Peter Hunt

Mark Reifkind said...

hey peter,

mark or rif is fine, Mr Reifkind is too formal.and yes, pretty much most people I meet have shoulder issues for various and sundry reasons. If one benches for any length of time they will have shoulder issues. if one sits at a desk without a balancing exercises they will have shoulder issue.
perhaps not as extreme as mine but I see some pretty heinous injury from being sedentary life all the time!
thanks for the congrats and the kind words. Glad to know people are reading and deriving something good from my musings and training.thanks for the comments they are much appreciated.

fawn said...

You have giant lats! I think that is cool.

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks fawn
I should have gotten something from all that bodybuilding and powerlifting I did.lol.

Franklin said...

Seeing you in action with a post lunch break snatch work out at the CK-FMS blew me away. The videos don't do you justice as you are totally ripped with massive shoulders. With the easy handling of kneeling 32kg presses, I'm led to believe that bulldog and even beast presses are well within your reach.

Mark Reifkind said...

franklin

man that made my day,lol. thanks.if it werent for my right shoulder injury I have no doubt I could train to press the beast but max efforts, and the high risk of injury they have just dont interest me anymore.more to lose than to gain.
I can maintain lots of muscle and leaness with much less loads. that, to me , is the real magic of the kb.

Anonymous said...

情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,飛機杯,自慰套,自慰套,自慰套,自慰器,充氣娃娃,AV,按摩棒,電動按摩棒,情趣按摩棒,按摩棒,跳蛋,跳蛋,跳蛋,男女,潤滑液,SM,情趣內衣,內衣,性感內衣,角色扮演,角色扮演服,吊帶襪,丁字褲

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...