Monday, September 01, 2008

A bunch of heavy one arm swings.

Felt pretty good coming into todays workout after a kick ass bikrams class yesterday morning.I actually got a front row spot so I could see the mirror for a change. Helped a lot.I also felt a kind of responsiblity not to suck too much being in the front as well. I think I held my own fairly well :))
Got lots of energy help too as Tracy and Jonathan trained with as well. Tracy was back in swing queen mode doing 1000 SWINGS WITH THE 24 KG in only 50 minutes. That's 54,000 lbs of work in less than an hour.Freaking crazy.
And it was 32 kg week so I really had to do some decent work.Grip held out very well as I cinched it up again and the blister problem virtually disappeared.That sucker is heavy though,no doubt about it.

One Arm swings
16 kg x5/5 x2
24 kgx5/5x2 ( this felt HEAVY in warmup !)

32 kg x8/8x19 sets
304 reps
21,880 pounds

Could have kept going but the hands were starting to heat up and my Golden Rule now is DON'T TEAR!The one time extra workload is not worth the down time or lack of intensity because of grip issues.


Barbarian Press( two handed arm cast into flag press)
15 x10/10
25 x8/8x4 sets

these were great and very strong.Solid upper body work

One Arm CB casts
15x25/25x3 sets

went for de pump! LOL.

datsit. more yoga tomorrow. got to get it in as we'll be in Healdsburg next sunday.

2 comments:

Jwood said...

Great to know I am not the only who feel like the weight is heavy some days. Love the posts and the tunes!! JWood

Mark Reifkind said...

yes, gravity is sometimes extra special heavy.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...