Monday, September 08, 2008

Slow and easy.

The Team Rif Wine Country Workshop was a great success and a good time was had by all! We spent mucho time going over the basics of RKC style swings, snatches and presses as well as basic stretching and foam roller work for injury prevention and reduction of pain. However, I missed my Saturday snatch workout, worked most of the weekend and had to travel( albeit by car this time not plane) so I got little rest.
So of course getting back on the horse today was a little creaky.
Fell back onto my default mutliple sets of five in the snatch to make up for Saturdays miss as well as some transfers to get my legs back in the game.I will do swings proper on Wednesday after some Max vo2 work and then back to snatch work again next saturday.After that just one more travel weekend ( the Sept cert) and then I should be back in my groove with no travel till way after the first of the year.


Snatches

16 kg x5/5x3
20 kg x5/5 x2

24 kg x5/5x10 sets
100 reps
5300 lbs

Man it's amazing how quickly that little weight can feel heavy. I didnt start feeling good til about 80 reps.

transfers
24 kg x20 reps x 5 sets
100 reps
5300 lbs

Mills
15 lb CB
10/10
12/12
14/14
16/16

these went well although have to start out gingerly or else my left elbow starts to ache a bit.
I hate starting over like this but it's smarter than trying to push through when I am tired and not into my body very well. A good start up workout.

datsit.

2 comments:

kamal singh said...

Hi Mark,
One never sees you do any TGUs or windmills in your program. Is it because of your bad back or some other reason?

Mark Reifkind said...

kamal,

yes, I can do tgu's and windmills but only on my dominant side so I dont do them as to not further my strength imbalance in my shoulders.
I also have a long history of strength training and really don't require much static strength work anymore.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...