Saturday, September 13, 2008

Some decent endurance

I decided against testing the ssst today as it really makes no sense for me to risk tweaking something this close to a cert. I'll have enough physical challenges next week. But I did want to see if I could do some higher rep sets; which I havent been able to make myself do for quite awhile.
The extra energy from the San Jose TSC competitors really helped get my head right.I chose the 20 kg bell though as it was time for some crisp and speedy reps.

Snatch
20 kg
5/5
6/6
7/7
8/8
9/9
10/10
10/10/5/5
10/10/6/6
10/10/7/7
10/10
9/9
8/8
7/7
6/6
5/5

276 reps
12,144

Not a bad little workout if I say so myself, although it was slower than normal due to my judging duties. No worries, I just went harder on each rep. One of the TSC competitors made my day when he said " are you trying to win the snatch race today?".Not even close but still nice to hear :))

Mills
10/10
12/12

felt the left elbow talking to me so I switched to

One CB arm cast
15 lb cb x 10/10 x 4 sets

Two hand Sield cast
15 lb cb x10/10 x3

I've decided to use the CB with two hands mostly, at least for awhile. Its a better counterbalance to all the one hand stuff I do with the kbs and my left elbow is starting to get tweaky again from the mills and shield casts.I'm NOT going to injure something for an assistant exercise. This will be the equivilant of my two hand swing and I will start using the 25 lber a lot more as well with this.

Bikrams tomorrow.

Datsit.

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Great snatch numbers. I was totally motivated as well my watching the TSC competitors at Revolution. It is always inspirational to see people give it 110% and then some. Competition is fun to watch.....and to be involved in.

Mark Reifkind said...

it was a good start back into high reps again. I need to get back in the type of shape needed to do 200 in ten minutes with the 20 kg first, then the 24.it will happen, just don't know when,lol.

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...