Tuesday, May 25, 2010

On a roll.

Third week now of 6 am swings and they are getting easier. It's really all about making up your mind; once thats done, really done, then the actions just follow. I was seriously sore in the legs from my max vo2 workout on Saturday, DOMS hit hard, just intime for some more work,lol.

The reality is I was less sore after the workout today than before and I think the legs are finally adjusting to the increased workload, both in terms of number of training days per week and volume of swings/snatches as well. About time :))

I wasn't sure if I should go up in volume today or cycle down but decided to decide in the middle of the workout, after I was fully warmed up. I could, of course, 'pre-decide' but what would that matter if I started feeling wrong mid training, or, super good? I would let my body tell me.

I do know though,that I won't do more than one week up before taking a mandatory down week. 4 weeks of increases is enough, no matter how good I feel.

My biggest cue for my swings and snatches these days is 'keep my head up' and the rest follows: tight arch in the back, sitting down and back,chest up, etc. Just like a good power good morning :))


One arm swings
16 kg x5/5/5/5
x10/10

24 kg x 10/10 x 13 sets
about one minute rest/sets
260 reps
13,780 lbs


Was a little short on time this morning so I jumped right to the 24 instead of an intemediate with the 20 kg. felt fine and I didn't waste a set,lol.
The first sets were a bit sluggish, as expected, but things got snappy pretty quickly as Tracy's swing class was in, ahem, full swing, and was greatly motivating.Seeing her and all her students swing in perfect rythym, together at the same pace is way cool.

Also was working with Doug Fioranelli was testing his 40 kg press to get his Level 2 RKC cert and that was motivating as well. He did achieve his goal and it's been quite a trip for him. Congrats Doug, that press is no joke and you earned it. You worked your ass off to get it. Well done.

Rack Walks

16 kg x 12 minutes
not putting bell down, just switching arms when the arm started getting tired. These are great and suprsingly really get my HR up.

Stretching
5 minutes short on time, have to finish up later. Great day today,momentum is definitely going in the right direction now.

Datsit.

No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...