Thursday, June 10, 2010

Swing and press

Had a nasty back tweak on Sunday, for no damn good reason, so I had to spend Tuesday's swing session doing stretching, air swings, stabilization work and other corrective work. Getting back to swings and presses this fast was a major victory but I knew I needed to go slowly.

One arm Swings
12 kg x10/10 x2
16 kg x5/5/5/5/x2
20 kg x5/5/5/5 x 3 sets
x 10/10x 2 sets

everything felt normal and good to go but I wanted to really underdo the work load. The only thing I did differently on Saturday was the mills and that rotatation in the transverse plane might have instigated my back issue. That and allowing myself to get dehydrated. Dehydration, even in small amounts, tightens me up enough to create enough torque to get my back to tweak. And when it's hot, as it's been, I sweat. A lot. Summer's here. Time to focus on staying hydrated.

KB press

16 kg x5/5
20 kg x5/5 x 5 sets

Again, everything felt solid and I was seriously grateful for being able to get back to real training so fast.

CB Shield Cast

10 lb clubs x10/10 x 4 sets continuous, switching hands every 10 reps. easy.

datsit.

Can't wait to hit my goal of 50,000 snatches this weekend. It's been a long time coming!


No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...