Thursday, July 29, 2010

stacked presses and kb deadlift/squats

So, another double cancellation this am so I have plenty of time to stretch and do a relaxed workout. I wanted to do something that would be medium heavy; stimulating to the muscle but not tweak anything as I am going to 2nd Annual National HKC in MSP and then off with Tracy ( who is assisting!) to the Hungarian RKC ( which I hear has 90 candidates! The largest international RKC to date) on Wednesday and want to be relatively fresh.

8 am stretching

hamstring strap stretching
brettzell
straddle stretch
down dog
up dog
kneeling shoulder stretch
rack stick slides( these really fixed my shoulder)
overhead stick stretch
behind back stick stretch
low bar squat rack stretch
foam roller
TKE's for sets of 20 black and red mini bands


Silver back deadlift
20 kg x10
24 kg x10
28 kgx10
32 kg x10
36 kg x10

I know I did these tuesday but my legs said again> So I listened. I can really get a good leg postion here and get the quads nicely but not the knee. most excellent



Stacked Press
2 1o kg x5/5 x 2 sets
1 10kg+1 12 Kg x 4/4 x2 sets
1 10 kg +1 14 kg x3/3 x1 set
1 12kg + 14 kg x2/2 x1 set

these went great. I would have and easily could have gone much heavier even for these reps but I felt a little forearms strain from the wide hand grip required to hold both bells. no worries it was a solid upper body workout, just what I wanted.

Just like the bottoms up press, a great " same but different" approach to the standard press. different groove which is great for all the right reasons.

handstands
6 sets of 8-10 seconds.

kickup to the wall then tap off and hold. these are getting more solid and strong every week. even did a few quarter hs pushups in the middle sets. I can't wait til I can train hs pushups full range again.


DB laterals

10 lb s 15/15
12 lb as 12/12
15 lbs x10/10
12 lb x 12/12
10 lbs x 12/12

damn, these felt good. been along time.

2 kb suitcase deadlifts

2 12 kg x 10 rep sets SLOWLY, lots of tension. about 5 sets. not sure if this is going to work.


datsit. off to MSP!

No comments:

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...