Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New swing combinations.

As I work up the courage to start training my volume swings with Tracy and her class at 6 am on Tuesdays, I did more moderately heavy one arm and two hand swings today with the 24 kg. used the 28kg last week and needed a more moderate weight as I taper this week.

The 24 kg one handed, after only using the 20 kg for my snatches last Saturday felt plenty heavy.So much so that I decided to alternate sets of one arm swings with sets of two handed for lower reps to give them a break. It worked really really well and I have to get past my OCD about just doing one thing and training it to capacity.

A swing is a swing is a swing(me)and a change is as good as a rest( chief Instructor)and I believe him. So a new swing combination and a new goal number was established.

One arm swings

16 kg x10/10 x2
20 kg x10/10

24 kg 10/10 x 6 sets

alternated with

Two hand swings
24 kg x10 x 5 sets

then

one arm swings
5/5 x5 sets

alternated with

two hand swings
10 x 5 sets

totals

one arm swings 170
two hand swings 100

270 total swings

My reverse split endurance was kicking in( finishing stronger and faster than I start) and I left feeling like I could have done much more. Good sign, save it for Sunday.

finished with 15 minutes of stretching> I've been really emphasizing overhead work and my right shoulder postition is the best it's been in 20 years. Amazing that it can still change after all this time almost frozen at 120-130 of flexion from years of bench pressing and NO overhead work.crazy.
Good.

Datsit.

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...