Thursday, October 14, 2010

Swings and carrys, stronger already.

I can't believe how much I am enjoying doing some training outside. As a lifelong gym rat I have not really gotten into doing my weight work outside. Running, cycling, swimming of couse. But weights?

I just didn't get it until recently. Being in the studio training people, and then training myself in the same place was getting claustrophobic. Plus pretty tough to get 'psyched' at all about pushing myself in my work space. Saturdays with Nick and Tuesdays with Tracy are different,there's extra energy but wednesdays or thursdays are on my own so I needed a boost,.

It used to be great when the garage was Stones gym and set up for training but that's no more. Doing these swings and carrys outside though is turning out to be a blast.I wouldn't have given two cents for todays workout though as yesterday's training got pushed back til today and then I had an extra client to push it back further. Tired and not motivated to walk which is hard on my knee when I'm not carrying kbs and be extra painful when I am.

I didn't want to get started but as soon as I did I knew this was one of those days when things would be easy, not hard, I would be strong, not weak and all the pieces would fit together.At least for awhile.

I actually dragged out the 24 kg for my swings and some carrys and it was perfect.I really need to get stronger at this sort of training; what's more basic? Also, one of my original goals was from Pavels first RKC book" " a back of iron and legs that never quit".

How cool would that be?

I alternated rack walks and single arm, farmers carrys with single arms with swings of some sort, two hand, one arm hand to hand with both the 16 and the 24 kg after a short rest. Carrys were done for about 100 feet and swings fell into the 10 -20 rep range. Did the walk interval, stretched and let my hr go down, then did some swings. Rinse and repeat.

Total workout time 45 minutes,up by 15 from last week if I recall correctly.

Did overhead shoulder stretches as active recovery. Beautiful hot, sunny California day in the low 90's. got a great sweat going and a tan as I trained. Nice.

datsit :))

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...