Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Gymnasts don't need to stick landings

In my humble opinion, THIS is the epitome of what modern mens gymnastics should look like."Sticking" the landing is a stupid fashion statement that blows out more backs and knees than all the rest of gymnastics competition and reduces othewise insane routines down to a single flaw in the dissipation of force. High forces

These guys know how to do an insanely high force, high amplitude skill and move right through it. Oh, and yeah pointed toes be damned!

2 comments:

guy said...

Have to agree with you boss, I have bad knees from my army days (82nd airborne division) I had my right knee scoped and rehabed. I love watching gymnastics, but I wince when they stick the landing.

Mark Reifkind said...

sticking landings is just stupid imho. and goes against all basic principles of deflecting forces.

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...