Sunday, November 07, 2010

Handstands in Ventura

Tracy and I just got back from a great weekend down in Ventura where I got to teach handstands at Pavel's workshop and we got to see our great friends Jen and Greg Mishkin again. So many excellent instructors were teaching and in attendance at this second annual event; Pavel, of course, Master David Whitley, Doc Cheng, Mark Toomey, Chris Frankel from TRX, and Seniors Doug Nepodal and Zar Horton. Here's a short clip of me teaching some handstand basics, the 'stack' from the kickup

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great seeing you guys.
Time to do some swings!!

Bill said...

Hi Rif. Great job on the handstand instruction at HSV. Your instruction got a 56 year-old ex-fatman (me) to do a handstand with a two finger spot for balance, never having done one in his life. What an experience! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to thank you in person.
I love your blog and Tracy's as well.
Best regards,
Bill Sadler

Mark Reifkind said...

Bill

sorry I didn't get to meet you but so happy to here of your success! great work, handstands are fun eh? keep practicing.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...