Wednesday, December 01, 2010

One arm swings,Hungarian style



I was determined to come right home from work, take the hottest ten minute bath I could stand and go right to the gym and get to my swings. My body woke up well this morning and I stretched out easily so I knew I had no excuses at all. I even got off early at 12 noon and wasn't going to be tired at all.

As with the press I am ready to get my strength and numbers back. Tired of messing about and not having the strength mindset I need to get the work capacity I want to have as an everyday thing. So I made up my mind and that was that.

The garage is shaping up and soon it will be Stones Gym again, but for right now the platforms are solid, the bells are there,the stereo works and is loaded with all my favorite training cd's.Today ended up with Disturbed's "Indestructible" and it was symbolic and just right.

I did 230 one arms last week and wanted to make the jump to 300 but that meant 15 sets of 20( 10/10) but last week was ladders which are far easier than straight reps. So I thought I would do them "Hungarian Style" as Peter now does with his snatches and just do sets of 10 with one arm, rest as much as necessary and as little as possible and do the other arm

For some reason 30 sets of 10 seemed far more tolerable than 15 sets of 20. I'm still out of shape but I'm getting there :))> And what's out of shape is my mind, way more than my body. But that's getting there too.

One arm swings

16 kg x5/5/5/5x2

24 kg x 10 reps x 20 sets
x 10/10 x 10 sets
300 reps( current pr)
15,900 lbs
33 minutes

I am such a slow warmer upper. By the time I got to 200 reps I was ready( physically and mentally) to go to 10/10 and still keep the rest short.My groove felt so solid and smooth.And I really liked doing these one arm at a time, it allowed for a very strong workset and still high volume.
I definitely noticed on the last 100 which were done in sets of 20 that the intensity was down a bit as I was saving something for the second arm.

I actually thought I was making it easier on myself doing one arm at a time but in the end I went to the longer set to make things easier, not harder,lol


This is definitely a good sign,especially after training just yesterday as well.

datsit:))

4 comments:

guy said...

It's good to feel things rollin along, huh Bossman? Glad your geeting your grove back...Hmm..."How Riff got his groove back." Idea for a new training DVD, maybe Sir?

Mark Reifkind said...

guy

we are already in planning stage for the next dvd about the swing. after that I want to do a follow along stretch dvd.

my style of training is too boring for most,lol, but it works for me. some day I will write a book about it though.\
thanks for taking the time to comment man, I appreciate it :))

Tracy Reifkind said...

sweetie,

you think your stuff is boring, but as your workout proved yesterday you have to switch swing patterns around to get the work done!

I have a feeling more than a few people will be doing your swing combinations....heck, I might do this tomorrow!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Honey, I've learned alot from your training that works so well with mine :))

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...