Thursday, January 20, 2011

24/28 kg One arm swings.

Finally look to be getting on schedule here on my mid week workout. Wanted to put some volume in on one arm swings and that's what I got 'some' volume.It surely isn't the same as when saturday am was swing day and I got to train first thing with Nick and Rex. But I still end up comparing my numbers with those days when I didn't train 7 clients first and having fasted all morning.

Eventually I will have to re calibrate my brain for what will pass as good workouts for swing day mid week, given the actual parameters. But right now I am amazed at how so little swing work is so damn hard,lol.

Still not sure if I don't want to do two handed swings on this day and focus on snatches and one arms on saturday. the only thing positively perfect right now is tuesdays workout, alternating long and short cycle presses and two handed club work.

For some reason I think two handers would be easier to stomach this late in the week and this late in the day. Will try that next week although I will probably train on wednesday as we have the first RKC recert in California at Franz and Yoanna's Revolution Fitness in La Jolla. I know, tough duty!

One arm swings
16 kg x5/5/5/5 x2
20 kg x5/5/5 x 2

24 kg x10/10x10 sets
200 reps

28 kg x5/5 x5 sets
50 reps

250 total


Once I got going these were fine.Being able to jump right into tens each showed me that m fitness level is definitely going in the right direction.My groove felt solid and consistent as it's been and it was actually WARM today,crazy.

The 28 kg swings were hard mainly because the paint on this bell is slick and it makes it very hard to hold.,especially when my grip is tired from the 24 kg work. BUT it was good grip training, lol.

Strength felt solid though.


datsit :))

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...