Sunday, January 23, 2011

Snatch, swing, shield casts

Light day. Still haven't figured out the recovery part of trying to fit three hard workouts in one week with my current schedule. I had a decent swing workout on Thursday but Saturday AM I was not recovered enough to hit it hard on the 24 kg snatches. I had thought I would only do 100 snatches on this day so I could fit some two handed swing volume in and that's how it started, with 100 20 kg snatches that were pretty easy.

Swing wamup

16 kg x5/5/5/5 x3

Snatch
16 kg x5/5 x2

20 kg x10/10 x 5 sets
100 reps

wow that was positively easy. how nice.

Two hand swings
24 kg x10 x 5 sets

played around with mini bands on the bell in the middle of this and then when I went back to the bell only sets I got a mild tweak in my left adductor, and have no idea why, so I left it alone and went to clubs

Two Hand Shield casts
15 lb x10/10
20 lbs x10/10
25 lbs x 10/10 x 3 sets

these went very well but I wanted a LOT more swing work than this. The adductor is ok but these little things piss me off.I fight hard to include this mother of all swings in my workouts but it surely doesnt agree with me.
Now I wish I had done a lot more snatches first.

Still have to figure out the schedule. As much as I hate to do it I might have to try to snatch only on thursdays and do my one arm swings on Saturday as the heavy volume day.Snatches on thursday will only go up to 24 kg and volume won't be over 200 reps, if that.

Just have to 'gear up" for snatches after 7 hours of clients and make sure my body is stretched out for dynamic overhead work.

datsit:))

might have to do some swings today to make up for yesterday though, we'll see.

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...