Tuesday, April 26, 2011

20 kg Long cycle presses.10's


Didn't miss a beat, knife wound or not :)) Got a good stretchout this AM at 6 and figured the stitches could handle some low intensity presses with the 20 kg. No problem. Healing is going well with no inflammation, swelling or redness. All good signs.

6-7 am Stretchout

lots of focus on thai squat and ankle mobility drills as well as the usual hamstring,ab and shoulder static stretches. Spent some serious time in downward dog, perhaps the most important stretch I do for opening up my knee, ankle and hamstring.This new foot position and technique is working so well. I finally grok how my knee is supposed to bend. Crazy it's taken this long but better late than never.

Went into overhead hangs and overhead stick stretches gingerly but everything held up well and it felt so good to get my arms over my head again. It's amazing how even just a few short days with my arms by my sides tightened up my lats and therefore my lower back. Crazy. I've got to be able to move as much as possible to keep myself out of pain. Any restrictions immediately lock up the whole kit and kaboodle.

No wonder I was in so much pain before. All that seriously crazy heavy lifting and hardly any mobility/flexibility work really locked me into place. A bad place. I was crazy strong but crazy immobile as well. Not good and not my future either.

8:30 am
Long Cycle clean and press

warmup
one arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 3

cleans
16 kg x5/5 x2
Clean and press
16 kg x5/5
20 kg x5/5
x6/6
x7/7
x8/8
x10/10

Since I dare not go heavy I thought some reps might be in order; but after 8 and 8 I realized the intensity was creeping up so I though I better just go for the goal set of 10/10 as I didn't know if I had the 9/9 and 10/10 set in me. I probably did, but just pressing overhead at all was risky enough.

Don't be (t00) greedy :))

CB two arm cast
15 lbs x 10/10
20 lbs x 10/10 x 3

This felt good but also a but stretchy on the chest so I cut it short

Bodyblade laterals
3 x10/10

only to 90 deg. enough

stretchout/ roller 10 min

Training is my source and my privilege. I love to move better and be stronger.People are always looking for a reason to get out of training. I always look for a way to be ABLE to train, no matter what.

datsit :))

8 comments:

Roland Denzel said...

Nice to see you're able to get back at it!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks man, it feels good to train,that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

Great post Mark!

You are so right with your words:To become more mobility is so important for healthy and well being!

Strong is good,but mobility are irrecoverable!

Take care!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks Bruce if you can't move being strong doesn't mean much.

slider said...

Rif do you ever use the see-saw press in your training?

Mark Reifkind said...

slider

I love see saw presses but haven't been able to do them for years.Now that I can press again I might have to try them again. It's a strong movement for me but because it still is bilateral I have to be careful.

the one arm presses give me a lot of latitude for my jacked right shoulder that I might not get in true bilateral presses( double press or barbell) but might be ok with see saws.
thanks for stopping by.

guy said...

Good work once again Boss!

Mark Reifkind said...

thanks guy.glad I didn't miss any time.

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...