Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Alleged Plan


I say alleged but I seem very capable of writing great workout routines only to continue to adjust, adapt and outright throw out the entire plan if it doesn't seem to 'feel' right.After 40 continuous years of training, competition, coaching, studying, analyzing, obsessing, and dreaming about training and the body I've finally learned to listen to that instinct that says yes or no about each direction change we take.

Especially when it comes to training. I've pushed myself through programs and exercises and techniques that are 'theoretically' correct, but just don't feel right to me in the real world.Being so hampered for so long by imbalances, asymmetries, injuries and pain it's a kick to be able to have so many new( old)training tools and tricks at my disposal again.

But I really love the creative side of imagining a new routine that will deliver the next desired goal. Like a recipe,like an equation like a map.It's fun for me to try to figure out the formula that will deliver the consistent result. Or at least give me a running start,lol.

So here is the new plan based on a four week rotating cycle, each exercise gets its time at the start of the workout and many then get cameo roles as assistant moves when a new exercise(same but different) gets the main focus of that day.

Rep schemes and weights will vary according to what happened last week, last workout and last night ;)).

Each new month I will look back at what weight and load I used for that particular workout and adjust up or down accordingly. Ideally I would progress up each month for four workouts then scale down but we'll see.

The loads will also be varying from workout to workout depending on which part of the next days workout cycle I'm in( light to heavy, etc).

As I said at the beginning, the best laid plans, etc. The only thing that matters is that I train as hard as I can each time I go to the gym, don't miss sessions and stay supple! The rest are details and high quality problems.

Saturday

Week one
2 hand Ballistic Swing
1 arm Power Swing
Tactical Pullup
Ring work

Two
Ballistic Snatch
2 Hand Power Swing
Tactical Pullup
Ring work

Three
1 Arm Ballistic Swing
Power Snatch
Tactical Pullup
Ring work

Four
2 hand Power Swing
Ballistic snatch
Tactical Pullup
Ring work




Tuesday

Week one
LC C/P 1 Bell
Cb arm casts
Tact Pullup
Laterals


Two
SC C/P 2 bells
CB Shield cast
Tact Pullup
Laterals


Three
LC C/P 1 bell
CB arm casts
Tact Pullup
Laterals


Four
LC C/P 1 bell
CB Shield casts
Tact Pullup
Laterals

Thursday

Week one
max vo2
Swipes

Two
endurance snatching/pacing
2 cb swing

Three
max vo2
Swipes

Four
endurance snatching/pacing
torch swings



Looks like a good start. Lots of Same but Different.Try to ladder up the weight and the corresponding volume each week for each of the different swing,snatch and press variations. Wave up and down.

Hey at least I can DO all the exercises I've listed above,lol. Add in a full hour of stretching/mobility and rolling at on Tuesday and Saturday ams and 30 minute minimums on ALL the other days, with the other 30 minutes done in the evenings.

NO days off.

Datsit. Sisu




3 comments:

Tracy Reifkind said...

Sweetie,

Sometines even I am amazed that we always seem to be thinking the same things....I have been wanting to write myself a new program also, so thanks for the inspiration!

Mark Reifkind said...

Perfect. I love to be your inspiration, as you are mine :))

sac lv bag news said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...