Thursday, June 09, 2011

CB Torch Swings, Swipes and Handstands.


This is the last set of torch swings I did with the 20 lb clubs. I hadn't planned on doing torch swings, just basic swings this morning but it seemed the logical progression once I started warming up. This day is still a work in progress( no pun intended) . Since I do handstands on this day the torch swings seemed a natural since I look at them much like a parallel bar swing to handstand in reverse. Haven't done them in quite awhile and was pleased to find my bilateral overhead shoulder flexion with this grip has improved a lot.

Full torch swings feel like swinging p bars.Same parallel grip, outside the body ROM from full shoulder extension to full shoulder flexion with not much hip movement. Just reversed :))

but I got in extra early ( 5:40 am) to get my stretch/ mobs in. Has to be done.

6:15 am

CB swings
2/ 10 lb x 20 x 3 sets

Torch swings
2/10 lb cb x 15 x 3
2/15 lb cb x 10 x 2
2/20 lb cb x 8 x 3 sets

lost my grip/linkage on my left shoulder on the 6th rep and had to reset. I was having the same problem with the left shoulder with the 15s at the top end of the reps. Strange that it my right shoulder has been the wonky one for so long, and the focus of my rehab.It's not really the shoulder but my very loose AC joint connection and way tight lats,pec majors and minors and a loose shoulder capsule,lol.
Plus, fascially, the tighter my forearms get the more it pulls on the AC joint and just about everything I do all day works my grip. That's a great thing about the different line of force the CBs produce on the hand and arm
It's like tractioning the wrist and elbows and solidifying the shoulder pack. And it's tough :))

here's the first set. Sorry for the glare, not sure if the camera is going or it's just the cheap lights.

2 Clubbell Swipes

Had just a few minutes left and I had handstands to do but still wanted more of a met con workout. SO I decided on five minutes of light swipes with two tens

2/ 10 lb cb swipes
5 minutes continuous.

probably about 100 reps but I gave up trying to count at 30 as these were getting harder than expected fast :) I had not done this before after a pretty full cb workout and it made a difference. I had to really focus to relax as much a possible and that did the trick.


Handstands
9 sets with short rest periods( running out of time) Surprisingly solid overhead. All the heavy one and two hand pressing is finally paying off and I feel pretty light on my hands upside down. I am liking using the wall and have to backtrack on my position on that a bit ALTHOUGH it's still not a "real" handstand in my book unless it's free standing. I'm just not ready for that yet and that's the reality of it.

datsit.Sisu.


No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...