Thursday, June 23, 2011

max freestyle and swipes



Man I've got to find another time to train on thursdays.trying to go fast or do high volume anything doesn't seem to work well after 7 clients and no food. Messing about with my snatch form playing around with my GS techniques, trying to watch a clock and slow way down was just not in the cards today.

I abandoned ship about 15 minutes into the GS experiment and went back to some max vo2 training, which was hard enough.Just no gas in the tank today.Tracy suggested I switch my press workout to Saturdays and we could work on snatch pacing and endurance work on Tuesdays which might work out just fine. She is the Queen of pacing and she can really help me with my endurance work. I just have to make sure I stick with the technique I know and that works so well for me;Hardstyle.

It's so beautiful in it's simplicity. Such a straight line and segments. For me to get anywhere near competent with GS technique I would have to quit all other methods and devote myself to it's study.

Not going to happen.

But I can learn to snatch for five to ten minutes with my current form. That's about pacing and that's what Tracy can help me with.

GS snatches
20 minutes practice, 16 rep sets x 1 minute x 5

Free style max vo2
16 kg
35 sets of 7

this was kicking my ass. I probably took 30 minutes to do these sets and it was all I had. yuck. No excuses weak ass day.

Clubbell swings
10 lbs x 20 x 3
15 lbs x 10 x 3

Torch swings
10 lbs x 8-10 x3

Swipes
15 lbs x 50 reps( almost continuous)

I almost had a video for this post as I taped the swipes set. I felt like the workout sucked and I had to redeem myself so I decided to do 50 reps non stop in 2.5 minutes with the 15s. Shouldnt be a problem eh?

But I was sweating like a big dog and put on wrist wraps for the set to help alleviate any problems. Except they caused their own problem and I had to stop and take them off at rep 25 or so. Then I had to stop and chalk up the heel of the hands at rep 35. Made the 50 but deleted the video out of disgust.

No handstands. ack.


So the new alleged plan:

Saturday

Clean and press (LC or SC one bell or two)
Or( alternate each week)
Snatch heavy ( ballistic or hike,snatch, park) OR High pulls.
Tactical Pullups

Tuesday

Endurance snatching
Two hand clubbell casts
Tactical Pullup

Thursday

Two hand swings( ballistic or hike, swing, park)
Handstands

we'll see. Saturday is snatches.

Datsit. Sisu

3 comments:

Juci SFG said...

Who is in the second picture? is that you, Sir, too?

I want to handstand! But I can only kick myself up to handstand against the wall; otherwise I tumble down just like a bicycle in front of the pub (as the Hungarian saying goes) :)

Mark Reifkind said...

Judit,

Yes, that second picture is me in 1987 at a bodybuilding competition.We will go over the handstand when I get to Hungary and you will not collapse like the bike in front of the pub:))

Mark Reifkind said...

:))

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...