Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Snatch endurance training.

Today was the first day Tracy took me into her world of high rep snatching and snatch pacing. Now that I can push myself again a bit I need to revisit the 5 and perhaps ten minute snatch test.Tracy does multiple 5 minute snatch tests at the end of her classes and workouts as a finisher,lol.

It is a great idea as I can learn tons from her about how to make high rep snatching easier. But today was not easy, even though the weight was only the 16 kg. So now Tuesday is snatch day. I was going to do heavy snatches on Saturdays, after press training, but now I don't think so. I want this day to turn into 20 and 24 kg volume work in preparation for the 5 minute snatch tests and I don't think I'm ready for two intense snatch days just yet.

SO Sat will be presses and one arm swings, Tuesdays snatches, heavy and light and Thursdays two hand swings and handstands. For now,lol.

I was just going where Tracy as taking me this morning and this is how it went. First

6-7 am Stretchout and mobilizations

solid hour of good work with lots of emphasis on splits and rolling.

8 am
Snatch
16 kg one arm swings
5/5/5/5 x 4 sets
16 kg snatches
5/5/5/5 x 2

work sets
5/5 on the minute x 3 sets ( work 30 sec rest 30 sec) 10 on one arm, then switch
6/6 in 30 sec x 2 work sets x 2 15 on each arm then switch
7/7 in 30 sec x 1 work set

10/10 rest 60 sec
15/15
12 /12
18 /18
20/20

total = 228 reps in 25 minutes.

Not used to do anything over 10 reps on one arm and it was a challenge, but as much from trying to stay on pace as anything else. I'm so used to just going hard as I can each rep it's a very different way of thinking.

It was harder to do 5 reps in 15 seconds than 7! I'm not used to holding and slowing this down. this will build an entirely different type of strength. Way more static strength



Clubbell Swipes
10's x 15 x 3 sets
15's x 10
x 12
x 14
x 20

was hoping to ladder up by 2's all the way to 20 but the grip was starting to go and I decided to just get the goal set in. It was tough after all those snatches. Grip was toasty oaty.

Pullups
4 sets of 4

this was interesting after all the previous work. Moving up well but arms and shoulders were tired.


Datsit. Sisu


155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...